Become a member
Welcome !!! … Feel like joining us? Want to know what your advantages are as a member? Want to know more?
Feel free to ask, or just send us your request for membership using the below form.
What are the advantages?
As a member of the Royal Belgian Society for Conchology, …
– you will receive the scientific magazine “Gloria Maris” on a regular basis.
– you can participate in all events organised by the Society.
– you can borrow literature from our library.
– you stay up-to-date with what is going on in the shell-world.
– you can get suppport from specialists in specific families or subjects or concerning the scientific part as such.
What do we do?
– Every month we gather (without obligation) and an activity is foreseen, going from a lecture or travel report to an exchange-day, workshop or even a barbecue!
– A number of work groups have their own meeting moments or excursions Up to you to decide whether or not to take part in the events.
– Every month, the library is open during the time of the monthly gathering, so you can check or borrow books. We also have a list of literature “in stock” which can be borrowed upon request.
– Once a year, we organise our annual international shell show
What does it cost?
Membership is yearly renewable and costs:
– 35€ for people residing in Belgium
– 38€ for people residing in The Netherlands
– 45€ for people residing outside Belgium or The Netherlands
– Fill in your name and email address in the form below
– Specify what you want to do or know (e. g. become a member)
– Press “verzenden”
Your message is now send to our secretary and treasurer. These will contact you with practical things such as the dates of the upcoming meetings, or what you need to do to pay the membership fee.
We already look forward to welcome you in our Society !